The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
11:00 Hour
I found out last night that I was getting Bella back from Sit Means Sit at 9:00AM. I could barely sleep. I stayed up until Midnight cleaning my house so I'd have the whole day to be with her without needing to do anything but love on her. I also called a friend to watch the kids so I could have 100% focus on what the trainer had to tell me. Remember, we paid for him to jumpstart her training so it'd be easier for me. Didn't want to waste money on distractions from kids! He got her at exactly 9:00 (my kind of punctual!) and we got started on all he had to teach me. I could barely wait to see her. We went through a couple of scenarios, (me getting more and more nervous about screwing this up) and finally went out to get her. I almost ran like a child to open his truck, but I refrained- barely. As soon as she saw me she started whimpering with affection and came for some belly rubs. I was so excited. He went through some real-life scenarios with me, made sure I understood how to do it, gave me some "homework" for this week, and was on his way. Since I had a few minutes before I went to pick up the kids, I practiced as much as I could. I couldn't do the "come" command since she didn't leave my leg for nothing! She's been a bit clingy since, but is slowly getting more relaxed. I've even been able to take her on a couple walks tonight. And let me tell you, walking is a whole knew thing. My arm isn't even worked! Perfect! Anyway, I got the kids and brought them home for some Bella time. And let me just say, the 11:00 hour became "Bella-Adoration Hour!" She was back and the kids were in heaven. There were even tears if one got to pet her more. Yep, it's just like the day we got her. And you know what, I LOVED it! She's doing great. They said it took them four days to get her out of her "shell" and get her to trust others. Then, she did AWESOME! She's such a smart dog. So, now I'm working her as much as I can so that when Garrett comes back next week, he'll give me an "A!!" Funny story... when he walked in, he asked me how I keep my kids so quiet. He said that he told his wife he was amazed that the kids hadn't come to disrupt me once while he was there the first hour and how quiet they were- and I had like 10 of them:) And now he's walking in and it's silent. I told him my secret- I just ship them off! It's good to have her home!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment