I decided that since Randy and Caden got to take a week off for a fun vacation (Scout Camp), I wanted to do something more than sit at home. So, since Bella is still at the trainer's, I decided to take the other kids to Elitch Garden's Amusement Park in Denver for the day. I got many stares from ride operators and other guests when I sent my four kids on the rides, but for the most part, it was SUPER easy! Just go from ride to ride and let them play. The only hard thing was trying to keep them cool when it was ONE HUNDRED NINE degrees out! Shelby even threw up!! She claims it was the ride, but she'd been on it a couple other times during the day with no such result. We left after that. And just in time for rush-hour traffic where it took us 15 minutes to go 1 mile to our exit. Of course! Next time we'll arrive earlier and leave before the hottest part of the day. Anyway, Shelby decided that this was going to be her trip without her mouth "filter." Here are a few of her "choice" comments...
Man, she has a small head and a huge body!
Mom, LOOK!, those two men are holding hands. We're not supposed to do that, huh!!
(In her defense, there were many "men" holding hands there!!)
Mom, why does that girl have such weird clothes?
Mom, why does she wear that swimming suit (bikini) with such a big belly?
Mom, that man is in a wheel chair because he has such little legs, huh!
I loved every minute of our adventure without Dad and Caden- although I missed them terribly. I just wish she'd have kept her comments to herself sometimes:)
No comments:
Post a Comment