Caden has lost so much of his childhood these past few weeks. He's lost a lot of dignity as well. I HATE it. But last night he lost something else from his childhood. Two somethings, in fact! His last two baby teeth. And now my son is a MAN! Incidentally, it dropped his platelet counts to 14 from 99 on Friday. He'll get an infusion when he hits 10. I am grateful he doesn't have any more teeth to lose! I think the tooth fairy owes him a few extra dollars, wouldn't you?! How much are you thinkin'?
In case you were wondering, this is what platelets look like. It didn't make me feel as weird as watching the blood, but it wasn't pleasant in my opinion. It just makes my stomach feel queasy. I could NEVER work here. Grateful for these beauties, but can't look at them too long!
Well, so far there's $3084 raised in the donation fund. (Don't freak out, I'm totally kidding.)
ReplyDeleteI'd say $20 :-)
ReplyDeleteNikki