The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Friday, October 28, 2016

Cray-Cray

It was Crazy Hair Day at BME on Wednesday.  In keeping with the No Bullying theme of the week, they were invited to be Crazy without fear of bullying.  I love it when they do fun stuff like this.  Tyson and Brennon wanted the hair that the other had last year.  So, Brennon wanted the four side-to-side mohawks that Tyson sported last year.  Only...
 Once I did the first one, he thought it was so funny, he asked to keep just the one and then part it down the center in the front.  He laughed and laughed, so I knew it was a success for my little Brennon!
Tyson wanted the "screws" on his head, only...
 His hair is much longer than Brennon's was, so the "screws" didn't quite turn out.  We're keeping his hair long to add to the effect of his Halloween costume.  It was still a Crazy hairstyle, but it didn't look as cool as Brennon's did last year.  He still liked it, though, just not as much as Brennon liked his.
Shelby asked to do the same as last year.  I was glad, too, because we were short on time trying to get her out the door early for Kids of Steele band. 

She did not come home with these still in.  To get these "knots" you have to twist and twist, so I bet that her head was pretty sore after just a few hours.  Cutie.

That night, I got to do another hairstyle that I am not used to, something that I had to try and "learn" from seeing many pictures. Keilie had the Halloween Youth Dance that night, and wanted to be Rosie the Riveter.  This is what I came up with...
She looked so stunning!!  I kept staring at her, with this hairstyle that is no longer used, and thought that she could bring it back in style with her beautiful face, smile, and spunky attitude. 

It was a fun day of "Crazy" hair at our house.  I love days like this, where I get to be the "cool" mom that does their hair how they want.  I love it when they get the giggles because the style they had envisioned in their mind becomes a reality on their head.  I sure love my kids.

It should also be noted that Caden chose a lame costume for the dance: An Eagle Scout.  He wouldn't even let me make him into a Zombie Scout.  He just put on his uniform and went.  Lame!  He told me 'no' three times-- I may or may not have begged and begged and begged.  I think he loved the fact that he won out on the "argument."  Whatever, teenager!  Even though the costume was lame, he still looked freaking handsome!  Lame, but handsome.

1 comment: