The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

"Halloween" Nights

For our Monday night FHE activity, the kids wanted to watch a fun Halloween type movie.  So far we have watched Blackbeard's Ghost, Flight of the Navigator, and Hocus Pocus as a family, to ring in the beginning of the Holiday season right.  Last night they wanted to watch James and the Giant Peach-- it's been a few years; enough that Shelby said she remembered some parts, Tyson and Brennon none.

I had been compiling a Trunk Emergency Kit during the day (we had the most amazing Relief Society meeting on this subject-- I recaptured the preparedness bug!), so I didn't get a lot of house work finished that I had wanted from my to-do list, even making a bit more mess trying to find things for the Kit.  I asked the kids if they would mind if I only listened- since I had seen the movie and didn't really care to see it again- and cleaned the main level while they watched.  Immediately Keilie said,

"You mean we get to watch a movie while you do all of the cleaning?  OF COURSE, you can!"

The kids all laughed and laughed.

Joke's on them!! They thought they were getting the better end of the deal, that I wouldn't really want to work, but the truth is: We all got exactly what we wanted!  I'm good to go a few more years without seeing/listening to that movie again.  Not one of my favorites.

Next in our "Halloween" Que: Matilda.

2 comments: