It happened again-- I was told a story/scenario and given time to process what I would do, before something happened in my own life. While talking with a friend about her son's broken elbow, she told me that he had had to have six pins placed...and that they would be removed while he was awake. I remember recoiling from it, holding my heart to stop the burning thumps. Awake? And it wouldn't hurt? Are they crazy?!
And then Caden broke his wrist the very.next.day.
And had two pins placed just 5 days after I had talked with Kristin about the very subject.
However, I was not prepared for what the pins actually look like. In my mind, they take tiny, itty-bitty little screw-like things and put them in to stay forever. My question after seeing them: Why do they call them pins, when really...
They are freaking tent stakes!!! I asked him if he could feel them once the soft cast came off and he was allowed a little moving room. "No, although it looks like I should be able to feel them." I totally agree!!!
His next appointment is November 4th. Knowing what I know, I will not be going to this appointment. Just knowing they are going to pull those babies out makes me almost faint just typing it. I am taking myself out of the running to upstage Caden as the patient again. I just can't be there.
Ugh. I can hardly look at that picture still. Just knowing those were in my hand, even if I couldn't feel them, would put me on the verge of passing out 24/7 until they were gone!
ReplyDelete