Pretty much the day that we got Keilie's Fundraiser collected, counted, and turned in, the Elementary sent home a fundraiser for their Jog-A-Thon. Each kid skipped the daily after-school hug with a plea for money. I truly felt like I wanted to run for the hills-- I was done with Fundraisers! If I would have known what the kids were going to be doing to earn that money, I would have paid big bucks. BIG BUCKS!
I had already signed up to volunteer on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at the Book Fair from 8:30-10:30, and then had signed Randy and I up to volunteer at the Fall Carnival from 5:45-6:30 tonight, so I didn't really think about signing up to volunteer for the Jog-A-Thon. When Tyson's teacher sent out a plea last night saying that she didn't realize she didn't have her class's two volunteers, I agreed to just stay after the Book Fair. I'm so glad I did, otherwise I would have missed the marvel that is a Jog-A-Thon.
It was mega windy here (almost Casper wind) but they still had the kids run around a track for an entire hour!! I'm not kidding, they just kept running, and running- stopping each round to have me mark off their round on a card they had round their necks. I knew Tyson was a runner, but it surprised me that he kept going and going. He tied the top runner in his class at 3.25 miles in one hour. GO TY! Crazy thing-- Brennon beat him by half a mile!! My kids are runners-- even if they have asthma and it is super windy and cold! It was a fun event to watch.
Tonight, when we walked into the carnival, Keilie begged to be a volunteer (which was good because they were under "staffed"). All volunteers got to wear these stylish blue aprons- real classy-like, I'm not even joking. Soon after we got placed near our game station, I heard Keilie gasp a huge gasp. In her hands she was clutching a $20 bill that she had found in her apron. Of course she is the one that got that apron-- she is SO lucky! Bonus: BME made an extra $20 tonight...seeing as the event was completely free! Carnival games that either gave out tickets for them to buy little trinkets at the end, or candy and toys all for free. Such and amazing, fun night!
I'm all volunteered out.
Until Friday for my regularly scheduled volunteer time in the room 18 classroom.
Oh, and today is Caden's day to be throwing up. Love me some stomach bugs that linger... NOT!
Fun, yet exhausting!!
ReplyDelete