The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Quick Math

Shelby was working on Dreambox with Brennon and Tyson sitting close by, watching.  It was a three-part problem where the first two answers each totalled 56.  About three seconds after the second '56' came up, Tyson exclaimed, "If those two answers were added together, they would equal 112."  Not 5 seconds could have passed from the time the second '56' popped up and his own addition.  He just knew it in his mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was trying to help Tyson memorize the **Third Article of Faith for the Primary Program in Sacrament meeting this afternoon, so I told Tyson that for each time he read it 20 times, he would earn a Lemon Drop.  After about 10 times reading it, I would erase a word.  He learned it within about 15 minutes.  After all was done, his Lemon Drops collected, he said,

"I have 5 Lemon Drops, which means that I did five times 20.  I read it 100 times!"

Again, not five seconds could have passed while he was doing this kind of math in his head. 

He is 7 by just 10 days and he can do this kind of complex-for-first-grade math in his head!  Man, this kid amazes me.

**We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Ty! It's from all those strawberry instant breakfast drinks front aunt Danielle 😉

    ReplyDelete