The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Monday, April 10, 2017

Family Dunes Day

Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Juniper Dunes

We wanted to do something as a family before my parents and Ashlee arrived.  We all decided on The Dunes.  It was the perfect thing to do in the morning.  Randy worked for two hours (after waking early to do so) before we headed out with our picnic basket full of treats.
 Once we pulled off of the freeway, Caden moved into the driver's seat.  This was my view for the next 20 minutes.  Love my men!

 When Randy asked Caden if he'd like to drive up the mountain, I'm fairly certain my heart dropped to my right big toe.  Randy got into the passenger seat and started instructing Caden how to do it.  I think I started holding my breath from that moment until he gunned it to the top.  All the while, my mind was playing out the scenario of needing to blaze them to the hospital if they toppled down.  Caden did amazing, though.  He really is Randy's mini.  All the kids loved their rides.  I loved it because Randy loves it.
 At the top of the hill.  Our Yukon XL looks like a matchbox, with little ants running around beside it.
 Mira LOVED the Dunes!!  She was running, sniffing, and just having the best time roaming.  She would get to the top of a hill and then take.off back to us.  She was running full speed many times.  It was super fun watching her pounce and just be adorable.
 She wore herself out.
 Even though I knew we were at a sandy place, I still asked the kids to try and stay a little clean.  Didn't couldn't happen with this one.  It was borderline obsession with kicking it around, picking it up and throwing it, or just letting the sand run through his fingers.  He was a mess.  After a while, I just stopped talking, turning my face away so I wouldn't get upset.  Our car was a bit dusty after we drove home!
 She is always such a creative girl.  Love this idea!!
After we all had the rides we wanted, the kids and I left Caden and Randy to continue their play.  I came home to get the house ready for guests.  My parents arrived around 2:30, with Ashlee and Russ arriving around 3:30.  We had pizza and played for the rest of the day.  It is always so much fun to have family visit.  We missed you Danielle, Taylor, Payton, Audrey, Drew, Brooke, and Kenyan!  It would have been even funner having a Burrell Reunion!  Day 2 of Spring Break was a success!

1 comment: