Monday, April3, 2017
Triple Play
Hayden, ID
We woke early on Monday morning to make the 2 hour and 45 minute drive to Triple Play, arriving just a few minutes after they opened. And, of course, we had to stop off for an early "lunch" at Del Taco-- it was a need. We had heard that the lines tended to be a little longer at Go Karts and Laser Tag, so we took a vote and chose Go Karts very first. It was a bit breezy, so most of us were wishing we had coats parkas, but we all had a blast!
Brennon asked to ride in my car. I'm glad that when the B-boy is nervous, he wants to go with me. This was the last time I felt like smiling. As soon as they pulled the cord to start our Kart, it vibrated my ears in just the right way that I immediately got a migraine. This has never happened before, so it was a disappointment knowing that the rest of the day would be tainted because of our very first attraction.
Our second Must Do was The Mining Company. We purchased each child a bag of sand with shells or precious gems hidden in them. They poured their bag into their own pan, dumped it in the water, moved the pan around in the water, and watched their treasures slowly appear. It was so.much.fun!
Shelby was the only one that chose the shells, all others chose the precious gems.
By the time that I got back to Shelby after taking all other pictures, she'd already cleaned her shells out of her pan. She got some good ones. This is a picture of Caden's pan, but all others looked quite similar. This was my favorite of all activities.
Our All-Day ticket purchase gave us each $5.00 worth of tickets at their arcade. Caden used 8 of his tickets and won TWO games of the Claw Machine (although I only got a picture of him with one). He gave one to Mira and one to Aria. This kid is AMAZING at those games!Only Keilie and Brennon wanted to do the climbing wall.
Brennon scrambled up the wall, rang the bell, and then scrambled back down. "Mom, my head hurts when I go up super high!" I was stunned that he made it to the top, and so fast. He surprises me, sometimes. My little Brennon has his moments of his own kind of bravery.
Everyone (but me) did the bumper cars. I loved that it was glow-in-the-dark. I took my picture and left the room, because the lights hurt my head more. But I loved listening to their laughs and surprised exclamations from around the corner.
We rode the Go Karts (except me) one more time and played a game of Bowling. If we wouldn't have needed to return home to Mira, we would have stayed longer. With the All-Day pass, you can do any of the attractions as many times as you'd like- minus the Mining, unless you wanted to buy another bag of sand/treasure. They also have a water park that is separate, but could easily be added for a fee. Since we have a pool membership here in town, we decided that that was something that we didn't need to do during this trip.
The last attraction that we did (minus Brennon and me) was a Ropes Course. Randy took Brennon to check it out while I stood in line to pay, making sure that he'd want to do it. Brennon took a 3-second look and knew he wouldn't want to do it, so I offered to stay back with him. When we finally did the Course, I was glad that I hadn't paid for it, since by then I had my migraine. One day, I will do this Course!
I got like a million pictures, but I'll only post a few. It was a three story course. Randy said it was pretty freaky trying to do some of them without holding on to his harness. He said that he thought he'd be able to just blow through it without fear, but when it came time to actually go across some of them, he felt his nerves rise up. When looking at it, I never thought I'd do it without fear, but I would have liked the chance to try it and challenge myself.
Trying to capture the whole Course. The Red are the poles that hold it up. The Blue are the platforms or the actual courses. The Yellow are the tracks for the tethers. Even going up the stairs to get to the other levels, you have a yellow track for your tether.
We made it home, played with our Mira-kins for an hour, and then got in the hot tub as a family (minus Mira *wink, wink*). It was one of the funnest day trips we've had it a long, long time. I'm so grateful Randy thought back in November 2016 to take all of this week off. He's had to work a few hours during the week, but he actually commented that he didn't think of work one time while we were here. For him, that is a BIG deal. This was the perfect place to go to kick-start start our Spring Break week!!
Ropes Course, know this: I'm coming for you one day.
























You and Randy always make things so fun for your kids! I can't wait to be able to do stuff like this with our kids. Love you all so much!
ReplyDelete