I am not an overly superstitious person, but I didn't post an update yesterday because it felt like every time I posted last week, he'd turn around and have something horrible happen. So I stayed quiet in hope that it would be good luck. And it was!!
We arrived at 7:50am for the two IV's, blood work, urinalysis, and pre-medications. After all of that, he was finally hooked up and started on the Miracle Drug at 11:00am. The moment everything was secured, Caden asked if he could go to the bathroom. As she was unplugging the IV pole stuff, it set off an alarm, calling everyone to his room. Because everyone was on high-alert for another reaction, it ended up being a big deal. She was frantically pressing buttons to disengage the alarm as she was yelling that we did not need help. Sue was in with another family, but came frantically running to Caden's room when she heard the call. After everyone was calmed down from the adrenaline high, we all joked that that was the only time it would happen in the day, that we just needed to get it out of our system. Good news: it never happened again-- he did great at the slower infusion rate!!!
We finished everything at 3:00pm, waited for an hour for any reaction symptoms, and came back to our Ronald McDonald room for a great night. He slept through the night, woke to work on some school work, and we went for a few hours' play at IKEA. It has been an amazing two days!!!!!! We are so hopeful!!! Week 2✔️✔️
I'm the luckiest girl in the world!!

No comments:
Post a Comment