The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Sneak

Because Caden has been feeling so well, we broke the cardinal rule set down by Doctor Hawkins: "Stay within a 1-hour radius of Seattle Children's Hospital."  We quietly sneaked (I tried "Snuck" and it said it was wrong.  Sneaked feels so wrong.  Don't judge my grammar too harshly.  I'm not right in the head these days.  Or ever.) home for a quick day visit.  Randy is the only one that knew about it, so when the kids and Jackie walked in from church, we met them with open arms.  We got the exact reaction we were hoping for: tears and joyous squeals and hugs.  It was well worth the drive.  Caden has felt well --normal, even-- since his reactions on Tuesday, but to see him home with his family and Mira, I can already see a change.  Truly, together is the best thing for healing.

We do see evidence that his immune system is working-- he's more rundown and tired.  He doesn't just sit around, but he is sitting more than his usual bustle.  We sure hope that Tuesday works at the slower infusion rate.  I'm not sure I've felt this much hope for a long, long time.  I want this to work so, so much.  Maybe sneaking home will raise his spirits enough to help his body accept the medication.  Yes, let's say that.  "Doctor Hawkins, breaking the rules was the surest way for this trial to work!"  They'll probably add it to The Study protocol forever more!  Maybe I'll be known as Rule Maker, not Rule Breaker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This happened while my parents were visiting for Spring Break, but I keep forgetting to add it, and I don't want to forget it.

Brennon was finishing his cereal with milk mid-morning snack, and just kept spooning and spooning the milk into his mouth at a vigorous rate. 

Grandpa Wayne: "Brennon, you do know that you can just drink the milk, right?"

Brennon Wayne: "Well, it just tastes better when I do it like this."

And now you know.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with Brennon!! I STILL spoon out the milk until it's gone, I just did it a couple hours ago. I love that boy. 💜💜 I'm so grateful Caden was well enough to go home for a short visit. It made my heart so happy.

    ReplyDelete