Wednesday, April 5, 2017
Beauty and the Beast
I love planning get-togethers. I love having a home full of visitors. I love hearing my kids play and laugh and pretend all.day.long. I love spending time with my parents. I love doing new things together. And while going to a movie is not new, seeing Beauty and the Beast for the first time was. I was giddy thinking that my parents would be able to witness the kids' excitement and wonder at the show. I was excited to see it with Ashlee, since we watched the animated one for the first time in the theater all those years ago.
I loved it!!! While there were things that I loved more about the animated one (Mrs. Potts, for one) there were things that I loved about the live version more. I loved that there was back story throughout the live version; I loved that it opened the story up a lot more. I love that it added more understanding to what really happened to the intimate objects once the last petal fell-- I bawled like a baby (as in snot all over my face that I should have been using a tissue for, but only had a sleeve) because of this new depth, even though I knew what was coming in mere moments. And while I loved the song Tale As Old As Time in the original, I loved Kill the Beast in the live version best.
It was fun to look down the row at cousins sitting with cousins, with my parents taking the last two seats. I love that we almost took up the entire row-- there were only three seats left. Not once did the kids need to get up to leave. Not once did I worry that they were going to talk or be loud or bother anyone. I loved hearing their giggles and ooh's and aah's. I love knowing that we will always have these memories.
Brennon had one complaint: "In the cartoon one, there was only one kiss. This one had too many kisses." I think we counted three. Apparently Disney crossed a line there. Cutie.
The rest of the day was filled with trampoline, hot tub (or Hot Pool, as Aria called it), games, and shopping. Caden was even able to take Grandpa on a drive in his Bronco. He's getting really good at driving stick. I'm proud of him. Day 3 of Spring Break-- Magnifique. Said in a French accent, cause we were Guests at the Palace that very morning.
❤️❤️❤️❤️
ReplyDeleteHahaha. And here I was wanting more kissing in the movie! :)
ReplyDelete