The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Sunday, April 15, 2012

April 14th

So, I must have jinxed myself when I joked that the day we were going to put down the rock for our playground it would rain.  It did!  Still no rock!  Isn't that always the way?

It was 12 years to the day that Randy asked me to be his Eternal Companion.  It still amazes me that he chose me.  I married well out of my league with that one!  I still look at him and see the most handsome man I've ever known.  He is my best friend.  He is my everything.  I am so glad that he's mine.  There's a song by Martina McBride that is called Mine.  It is exactly how I feel about Randy.  "Everyone that knows you always has a smile.  You're the dream that I've been chasing after years of waiting for the chance to finally shine.  Everyone calls you amazing.  I just call you mine!"  April 14th will always be considered the first day of my Happily Ever After.

Back in October the Sister Missionaries asked me to go teach with them to a man they'd met while tracting.  They knocked on his door, asked if they could share a message, and were told that he'd prayed them to his house.  I got to be there on their first visit and many subsequent visits.  I was able to attend his baptism on the 14th.  It was amazing to watch a man be baptized after he had prepared himself to find the true gospel.  He knew it was true the moment we walked in.  He asked to be baptized on the 1st visit.  He is such an example to me of how perfect the Atonement of Jesus Christ is.  No matter how far we've strayed, no matter what we've done, we can always repent and find our way back to the straight and narrow path that leads us back to our Heavenly Father.  I love this Gospel with all of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment