The weather has been so incredibly nice for the past few days. We've been spending so much time outside, it seems weird to think how much as happened. My first favorite thing is the play time. The kids are always outside on their bikes, on the trampoline, or on our playset. The funnest thing they've found this week is to take their bikes to a spot on the front dirt where their training wheels touch, but their wheels do not. They sit there and peddle their little legs and go absolutely nowhere. They will actually take their bikes to the dirt first thing and just ride and giggle. The funnest part is that Brennon is still stuck on wearing his Napoleon Dynamite "moon" boots with shorts. You can't help but laugh! The fact that he's a little husky makes it even funnier.
The second favorite thing is our "playground." Randy did some serious work with our riding lawn mower and a weighted palate. We had many ask why we purchased a riding lawn mower when we didn't have a lawn. Let me tell you, I don't regret it for an instant. That thing has helped us get so much of our landscaping done. And it will get even more done when we start our sprinkling system next month. I love that thing. He leveled off the playgroud area and made sure to drive over it a million times to pack the ground. This mean that the kids got into the dump trailer and got many rides. Who needs Lagoon when the kids get free rides at home? We're ready to put down landscape fabric, a border, and pea pebbles this weekend. However, with our luck, it will be raining!
My third favorite thing is Ty's potty training. We don't have any accidents anymore! Although we do have an occasional wet floor when he doesn't get it perfect in the toilet, I couldn't be more happy. It's such a relief knowing I will never have to potty train another child again! I'm SO glad that chapter of my life is over. I still cringe when I think back to the days of Keilie peeing EVERY DAY when I was huge and pregnant with Shelby. I was crying on my hands and knees every time! Not my most happy memories:)
Lastly, my fourth favorite thing is my health. Although I still get hit with pretty bad headaches on a regular basis, I no longer have one every day. Nor do I have more than one in a day anymore. It's like I went through a phase where I was incredibly dizzy, had headaches, and could barely function. I still have the weird stuff going on with my eyes, still have the headaches, have many blackout spells a day, and can still hear the ocean quite loudly in my ears regularly throughout the day (sometimes making it hard to hear other stuff), but for the most part, I'm feeling better than I have for months. I go in tomorrow for an appointment with the Neurologist again. I'm not sure what to think. I'm not sure what other tests can be done. I just hope we can get these headaches taken care of. I missed Easter Sunday because I was in bed. The pain was so bad I could barely stand. I'm missing so much of life. I'm canceling things at the last minute, and I hate doing that! My house goes through spurts of extreme clean and extreme neglect. My kids are no better off. I just want my life back. For now, I'm just grateful to have some semblance and know how much it could be worse!
No comments:
Post a Comment