The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ungrateful

It has been two weeks since Randy and I started our diet.  It actually is easier than some of the other diets we have tried in the last couple of years.  There are some definite nasty foods.  There are some great ones as well.  And, since I'm a picky eater when it comes to veggies, my selection is quite a bit smaller than Randy's.  However, it hasn't been too hard.  The one hard thing about this is my kids!  I make them the most delicious foods for breakfast and dinner, all the while knowing that I won't even be able to have a single lick.  I am almost giddy with excitement to have them sit down to something that looks, smells, and most definitely tastes wonderful.  Then comes the "I don't like this," "Can we have cereal," or the "Can I have bread and water?"  I want to scream at the top of my lungs.  Why can't they see how awesome it is to have that kind of food?  I feel like giving them a Soy Patty from our food list and making them gag it down- then we'll see how much they complain about homemade waffles before school!  Then maybe they would be more grateful.  I'm sure every parent goes through this.  Man, we've gone through it for 10 years with our kids.  However, it's these last two weeks that have really made me want to smack them upside the head and say, "Be grateful you spoiled brats!"

No comments:

Post a Comment