The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Saga

The saga continues....

1/20/2017- Approached, asked to show our home the next afternoon.
1/21/2017- Showed the house.  They stayed for 10 minutes.  Thought that was the end.  Put it from our minds.
1/22/2017- Verbal offer given and accepted.
1/23/2017- Buyer spoke with their lender.  Said he didn't see a problem moving forward.
1//27/2017- "You've got a deal.  Can we sign contracts tomorrow."
1/28/2017- Randy not feeling well.  Pushed signing to Monday at 5:30pm.
1/30/2017- Contracts signed.
1/31/2017- Paperwork to Title company.
2/1/2017- We put in an offer for the home that I was in love with from the start.  Verbal Acceptance.  Took kids to see it.  Prayers were offered for us to move into that house.  Tears were shed as they vied for which room they wanted most.  Debate session happened in our front room, with siblings debating why they should get {that} room.  We probably heard 50, "I hope we move to that house.  I love that house!"  Made me want that house even more.  I want to give my kids the world.
2/2/2017- Buyer's home went Under Contract this afternoon, despite their agent telling our agent this very morning she thought it would take three months.  Hours later...signed.

The only hurdle now is the appraisal of our home.  Since we are asking more per square foot than they usually go for in this neighborhood, it may fall through-- even though they are willing to pay that price.  I really want to be an answer to prayer for these Buyers, but I refuse to sell, pack, and move after living in this house for only six months simply because someone wants to buy our home.  It needs to be a blessing for us, too.  I'm going to sound very vain right now, but it's all about the money.  After all, 13 days ago, none of this was even a thought.  And each day brings this "dream" closer to our reality.  Can you believe it?!  Life is so surreal for us right now... In a good way this time.  Is this really happening?  Is this real?

1 comment: