The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Target

We just got the BEST NEWS IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!!!!!  Well, almost-- Caden's is not cured, so I guess it comes in as the second best news in the whole wide world.

Caden's tumor tested positive for the specific protein they are looking for for him to be enrolled in the newest immunotherapy study that was opened in January!!!!!!!

The immunotherapy drug will find that protein, "light it up," and the immune system will be able to detect and kill it.  We'll find out more after our appointment with Dr. Hawkins on the 13th.  For now, he's not going to take any more of the chemo pill, and we're going to save our spot for the RFA (radiofrequency ablation) that we have scheduled for 4/21/17.  We expect for them to cancel it though, since the study will probably want a tumor that is connected to the liver, as well as one that is deep inside the liver.  I am over the moon!!!  I didn't think my heart could be any more full after seeing Beauty and the Best this morning.  I was wrong.  My heart is bursting.  I'm pretty sure I can fly right now.  We are completely hopeful that this could be the thing that cures our son!!!!!  So Stay Tuned, we may have another Miracle on our hands.........

1 comment: