The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Sunny

When we found the tumor in January 2016, I asked a friend whom she would recommend to take our family pictures.  Without hesitation, she recommended {Sunny}.  For the past year, this picture has been something that I have looked at often.  It has given me strength during some dark times.
With this new revelation, I wanted to update our picture once again, so I asked Sunny if she had time.  I understand that both sessions were during the dead season (it seems that we always have our cancer fights during the winter), but she has been able to work her magic to make them perfection once again.  These are in no particular order as to favorites, because, to be completely honest, I can't choose just one-- she is that good.

So, without further ado, I present the Randy and Stephanie Dirks' family.  Brought to you, courtesy of Sunny Wright Photography!






 Families Can Be Together Forever



Caden Randy- 15
Keilie Ann- 13
Shelby Jacquelyn- 10
Brennon Wayne- 9 TODAY!!!!!
Tyson Darwin- 7

Believe me, it was a challenge to post just one of each of the kids.

 Caden with his miracle, Mira.
Caden is disappointed with these pictures because of the visible bald spot.  He's got two on his head-- mysteries from the surgery in December.  They actually appear larger, because the hair is growing into them white (side effect of the chemo- he's so excited), and the surrounding hair is coming in white, which makes the dark hair appear further from the head, enlarging the circumference of the circle.  But, to me, they are perfection-- truths of the situation and monster he's fighting.

My heart is so full.  Not only because of these GORGEOUS pictures, but because we get to spend the evening together, celebrating Brennon's birthday.  This has not happened, without serious cancer hardships, for many years.  Birthday pictures coming tomorrow, since the celebrations last two days this year.  The tears I have shed today have all been happy tears.  I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

Sunny, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  Your gift as a photographer, example, and friend, is a treasure without price.  There will never be a day that these are not looked at without gratitude and love. 

2 comments:

  1. I cannot get over these pictures! They couldn't be any more perfect! Every single one is the best one. ;) The family ones are great, the individual ones make me want to cry (because they all look so much more grown up than I picture them), and that kid one? With their arms linked? I can't even! I seriously gasped when I saw it. Best picture ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I LOVE ❤️ You and your family. ❤️❤️❤️
    -sunny

    ReplyDelete