The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

7 weeks

 It's so confusing being so excited to have this finally placed (I say finally, because it feels like we've been ready for it to be placed since his funeral) in a spot that we never expected or wanted to have.
 It's so confusing to be so in love with something that means something so heartbreaking.  It turned out exactly as I envisioned in my mind, exactly how Caden explained what he wanted when he joked about it years ago.  He earned his Eagle two years and one month before he died-- Eagle has meant so much to him since.  This particular Eagle looks like the statute that Randy found to commemorate his achievement.
It's so confusing to be so excited to try my hand at more floral arrangements to decorate my sons grave site for differing celebrations that he won't be here for.  This all feels so surreal still.  My son went to Heaven 7 weeks ago today.  Oh, my broken heart.

Happy Thanksgiving in Heaven, Caden!  
We love and miss you deeply!

2 comments:

  1. It is heartbreakingly beautiful. I can’t believe it’s been 7 weeks. Happy Thanksgiving, Caden. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His headstone is beautiful. And I'd say you have a talent for floral arranging. I hope you can enjoy your Thanksgiving and know how we love you and still pray for and think of you often.

    ReplyDelete