The Randy & Stephanie Dirks Family Est~ 2000
~If you think our hands are full, you should see our hearts!~

Sunday, November 26, 2017

The Moment...

 The moment where you're puting your Traditional Family Year Ornament on the tree (for those that don't know-- we buy one ornament each year to represent the life of our family that year), the one that represents your child....
The moment where you realize that the only Christmas present you're going to buy your child is a solar light...
The moment you realize that the only Christmas Lights you're looking forward to seeing this year is the one light that shines the way to your buried heart.

It's the most wonderful time of the year.  It's just a little harder this year to celebrate the birth of a child after suffering the loss of your own.  It shouldn't be, since it's the birth of my Savior, but it's the truth.  Oh, my heart.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Steph. Our situations are so different that throughout all this I haven't really wanted to say that I know how you feel, because I don't. But in this I get it. I buy an ornament every year for Kenton from the Utah Share Walk To Remember that we do in October. One of the kids asked this year, "You're getting ANOTHER one?" And I answered that yes I was getting another because it's the only present I'm able to get for him, when I want to be buying and wrapping tons of toys from the store like I do for all my other kids. :( Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. Thinking of you, always. ❤️

    ReplyDelete