Because we have so many scrap pieces of fabric from four of my five kids taking sewing lessons, and because I have so many scraps from the quilts I made while at the Ronald McDonald House in April and May, I decided that I would make the kids' Valentines this year (well, 2018): Bookmarks. I've spent the last two days cutting fabric and felt in my spare time, making quite the pile of sew-ready projects. The kids gasped when they saw the piles, begging to sew them themselves. How could I refuse?
Keilie did not want to be documented, so I took a picture of her machine-- I'm sneaky like that. Jamie let me borrow three machines from her school to "set up shop." In January, when Jamie does her next Beginner's Class, Tyson will round out the family members that want to sew. I plan to get him a gift card stocking stuffer for the class and to Joanne's for his own fabric choices.
With a shrug of his shoulders and a cute, cute face, Brennon commented, "Mom, I just love to sew!"
When it gets closer to the actual day (87 days, in case you were wondering), we'll attach a tag that reads, "Valentine, you're #1 in my book," or something equally earth shattering and profound. Those kids will feel the love, oh yeah!
Shelby just pointed out, "Brennon, we could spend the whole day sewing tomorrow, since we don't have school!" Brennon cheered... and got back to work. Guess I won't be the one making them after all! Proud Mom Moment. I can't wait for December: I get to take two classes with all four of my kids! We'll learn how to make French Seam pillow cases and tea towels with real button holes. Giddy!
Stephanie, what a fun thing to do! I love that your children love to sew. It’s fun to see the EXCITEMENT and PASSION they have for it. What a great Christmas gift! I love it❤️. Love you tons!❤️
ReplyDelete